the foundation of the victoria poetry project, tongues of fire is the longest-running poetry open mic in victoria today.
usually occurring every 2nd and 4th wednesday of the month at the caffè fantastico roastery in quadra village, tongues of fire is an open mic that provides a welcoming and safe space for poets who have never performed before, want to experiment with a new piece, or get cozy on stage by covering the work of others, including page poets and other literary writers.
alt shows are effectively themed tof shows; upcoming shows will have additional details on our homepage.
– you have 5 minutes to perform
– you can say whatever the fuck you want… but leave your hate at the gate! we have zero tolerance for hate speech.
– musical accompaniment welcome
– maximum of 12 performers per show
– team pieces welcome
– multiple pieces/performers welcome, so long as you don’t go over 5 minutes. we do have a show to run!
– costumes and props welcome
– most importantly, enjoy and take care of yourself!