the foundation of the victoria poetry project, tongues of fire is the longest-running poetry open mic in victoria today.
usually occurring every 2nd and 4th* wednesday of the month at the caffè fantastico roastery in quadra village, tongues of fire is an open mic that provides a welcoming and safe space for poets who have never performed before, want to experiment with a new piece, or get cozy on stage by covering the work of others, including page poets and other literary writers.
alt shows are effectively themed tof shows; upcoming shows will have additional details on our homepage.
*please note that from january 2020 through july 2020, tof will occur 2nd, 3rd and 4th wednesdays while vic slam takes a hiatus.
– you have 5 minutes to perform
– you can say whatever the fuck you want… but leave your hate at the gate! we have zero tolerance for hate speech.
– musical accompaniment welcome
– maximum of 12 performers per show
– team pieces welcome
– multiple pieces/performers welcome, so long as you don’t go over 5 minutes. we do have a show to run!
– costumes and props welcome
– most importantly, enjoy and take care of yourself!