1. The name of our society is Victoria Poetry Project Society.
2. The purpose of the society is to advance education in all forms of poetry through sponsoring readings, competitions, festivals and school and community outreach programs.
The by-laws of the society are those set out in Schedule B to the BC Societies Act, with the following variations, deletions, and additions:
8) Bylaw 58 of Part 11 “notices to members” be revised to:
All notices to members, including notices to general meetings, may be posted by the directors on the society website, any such posting is deemed by the directors and accepted by the members to constitute full notice.
9) Bylaw 59 of Part 11 “notices to members” be revised to:
Such notice is deemed to have been given on the second day following the day on which the notice is posted, and in proving that notice has been given, it is sufficient to prove the notice was dated on the website.
10) Bylaw 61 of Part 12 “bylaws” be revised to:
On being admitted to membership, each member is deemed to be given a copy of the constitution and bylaws of the society, which shall remain posted on the website at all times.